Prior K2 Versions have the provision of creating a Sharepoint Service Instance from the “SmartObjects Service Tester Utility” Tool by providing the Site URL, which would fetch all the objects in that site. But the latest K2 Version (from K2 Five I believe) they have removed the direct provision to create a new Sharepoint 2013 Service Instance and it has to be created Via K2 Five for Sharepoint App. Let’s See how we can do that below.
Below is a custom SharePoint site which has a List “Users”.
- Before we add K2 App to a site, Pre –requisite is to install K2 Five for Sharepoint on site collection level. Only then it will be available as an app for all sites.
- Once the installation in done now Navigate to the Users List and click on Settings and Click Add an app and select K2 Five for SharePoint in it. This will activate this app on this site.
- If Pop-up is shown like below Just Click Trust It and then it will start activating this app to this site. To perform this step User needs admin permissions over the Sharepoint Site collection. Also it asks for SharePoint Admin URL Details.
- Once the process above completes it will show the status as Activated.
- Next step is to navigate to Users List and see if K2 is shown in top navigation bar as shown in below screengrab. If you see the K2 as shown below then we are good to go with generating the Service Instance & SmartObjects.
- Now click on Application and it will take you to a new tab as shown below.
This is the screen from where we can generate SmartObjects for the Users List, In case if you want to generate forms & workflows along with reports, which you want to use along with this list then you can check the other checkboxes. I will explain these options in a separate post but for now I’ll create just SmartObjects.
- Now click Ok and the app automatically creates the Service Instances and SmartObjects for us. Once done it will show 2 SmartObjects as shown below. One for the List & the other for List’s Attachments.
- We can see these SmartObjects in K2 designer as well as SmartObjects Service Tester Utility As well. In designer we can see these SmartObjects under Sharepoint 2013 Category.
- If you want to edit this Smart Object we can directly edit in SharePoint itself by clicking on Edit in SharePoint K2 App or Navigate to path above in K2 designer and edit.
- SmartObject Methods that are created by default are as shown in below screen shot
- Select GetListItems and Execute to see the SharePoint List Data.
That’s it. This is how we can generate the Sharepoint SmartObjects using the Sharepoint App.
In my next post i will show you how to use K2 smartforms for Adding and editing a Sharepoint List Item with in Sharepoint Context.
Thanks for Reading.
Refer for More Information